NEW YORK (AP) --- When I got the chance to interview Aretha Franklin for the first time in 2001, I was already a bundle of nerves: Even though it was just over the phone, I'd be talking to THE Queen of Soul! You could get no closer to rock 'n' roll royalty than the Queen herself. So my trepidation was magnified when a colleague told me not to expect much: Franklin was famously guarded and known for giving short, to-the-point answers and little in the way of introspection. Sure enough, when we spoke on the topic at hand --- a VH1 Divas concert honoring her music --- Franklin didn't offer much at first. But then, I remembered that she was a huge "The Young and the Restless" fan, ...
Keep on reading: When Ms. Franklin calls: Reporter reflects on Queen of Soul
from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2BpAHn4
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
The ICC will clear India's "doubts" about security at the World Cup but the world body is unlikely to even discuss a possible ...
-
Assistant coach Sanjay Bangar says India's batsmen are under tremendous pressure and "playing for their careers" after their h...
-
"Our stand is simple. We stick by what the nation wants to do and what the BCCI decides to do and that is basically our opinion," ...
No comments:
Post a Comment