The very name "Doris Day", cheerful as a sunrise on a studio lot, was an invention. The beloved singer and actress,who died Monday at 97, was a contemporary of Marilyn Monroe but seemed to exist in a lost and parallel world of sexless sex comedies and the carefree ways of "Que Sera, Sera" ("Whatever Will Be, Will Be"). She helped embody the manufactured innocence of the 1950s, a product even she didn't believe in. "I'm tired of being thought of as Miss Goody Twoshoes... I'm not the All-American Virgin Queen, and I'd like to deal with the true, honest story of who I really am," she said in 1976, when her tell-all memoir "Doris Day: Her Own Story" chronicled her money troubles an...
Keep on reading: Beneath wholesome image, Doris Day was an actor of depth
from INQUIRER.net http://bit.ly/2JiV4FB
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
OAKLAND, Calif. --- Stephen Curry was back after a night off, and all was well again for the Golden State Warriors. Curry had 26 points, Kla...
-
SORSOGON City - Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero is now the newly elected governor in Sorsogon province with a landslide victory of...
-
DENVER --- The debates have been so lively inside the Denver Nuggets locker room recently that coach Michael Malone wanders in to make sure ...
No comments:
Post a Comment