NEW YORK (AP) --- Jimmie Allen has made history as the first black artist to have his debut single reach No. 1 on country radio, and it happened on the same week Kane Brown, who is black and white, has the top country and pop album in the U.S. Allen said he cried when he got the news his song, "Best Shot," hit the top spot on Billboard's country airplay chart, which tracks radio success. "First I screamed, like, 'Thank, God. Finally! Finally, man.' Then after that I'm filled with gratitude and motivated to work even harder," Allen said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday morning. "I realized just because you get here doesn't mean you get to stay here, so I...
Keep on reading: Black singers have historic week on country music charts
from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2S95EQ2
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
Times Sport takes a brief look at the athletes/teams who can make a podium finish in Indonesia. from Sports News: Cricket News, Latest upd...
-
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson said Wednesday recent Test upsets mean "anybody can beat anybody" and the world number two ran...
-
"Our stand is simple. We stick by what the nation wants to do and what the BCCI decides to do and that is basically our opinion," ...
No comments:
Post a Comment