add

Video gaming fiends with an itch hit Twitch

Seven years on from the rebranding of its original incarnation Justin.tv, video game live-streaming platform Twitch boasts more than a million people tuned in at any moment and interest is rising. Today's top "streamers" are celebrities who can earn fame and a healthy living from competitive video gaming--- but co-founder Emmett Shear says his light bulb moment came back in 2010, four years before Amazon swooped to net Twitch for a cool $970 million. "In 2010, I realized the content I loved, that I was watching on Justin.tv, was all gaming content," says Shear. "(I) loved the streamers, so I decided we would start focusing on just gaming, and there was a huge oppor...

Keep on reading: Video gaming fiends with an itch hit Twitch

from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2P3gO6S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision

LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....