add

UN chief basks in climate spotlight, amid global conflict clouds

UNITED NATIONS, US --- On Monday, Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will position himself on the frontline against climate change as he presides over a UN emergency summit, a role some say he turned to after difficulties in resolving global conflict. Speaking about rising temperatures, the 70-year-old recently told journalists, smiling discreetly: "I don't pretend I rule the world. My main objective is to make as much noise as I can." In May, he traveled to the South Pacific where rising sea level threatens entire island nations and more recently to the hurricane-ravaged Bahamas, witnessing a devastation the likes of which he said he had never seen. Mobilizing the globe's m...

Keep on reading: UN chief basks in climate spotlight, amid global conflict clouds

from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2M5ipJO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision

LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....