BEIJING, China --- The death toll in a landslide which buried a village in southwest China rose to 29, according to state media, with 22 still missing days after the disaster struck. Official news agency Xinhua said Saturday night that 40 people have been rescued from the site in Shuicheng county, Guizhou province, according to the local emergency rescue command. A thick torrent of mud buried 21 houses in the landslide on Tuesday, and state broadcaster CCTV broadcast footage of rescue workers trying to reach survivors through a huge mound of earth. Two children and a mother with a baby were among those dead. Xinhua said a local school had been set up as an emergency medic...
Keep on reading: China landslide death toll rises to 29 with 22 still missing
from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2ZeAXww
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
JAKARTA --Indonesia will experience a sizable increase in growth of the digital and technology sectors next year, particularly in financial ...
-
CHENGANNUR, India --- Some 800,000 people have been displaced and over 350 have died in the worst flooding in a century in southern India...
-
MANILA, Philippines - Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III has named retired Philippine Air Force General Rene Samonte as the...
No comments:
Post a Comment