MEXICO CITY --- Mexico said Tuesday the number of mainly Central American migrants travelling through the country to reach the U.S. border has declined by 39% since May. Mexico's foreign relations secretary, Marcelo Ebrard, said the number of migrants fell from 144,278 in May, to 87,648 so far in July. Ebrard said the drop is the result of greater Mexican enforcement of its immigration laws, as well as investment in job creation in Central America. Ebrard said Mexico would hold a conference soon to attract international donors for a Central America development plan. He said Mexico would not provide shelters for all the migrants sent back to Mexico by the United States whi...
Keep on reading: Mexico says number of migrants down 39% since May
from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2LSdu12
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
MANILA, Philippines -- The Antonio Tiu-led Philippine Infradev Holdings Inc. has submitted to Makati City the US$350 million performance bon...
-
It is in England during his time with Chelsea that the whole world came to know of Didier Drogba. But it is in France with Le Mans, Guingamp...
-
Test team vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the India A squad against England Lions. BCCI selectors on Saturday announced India A squads...
No comments:
Post a Comment