MANILA, Philippines - President Rodrigo Duterte is not likely to declare martial law in Negros Oriental amid the spate of killings in the province, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Oscar Albayalde said Monday. Albayalde said Duterte's instruction to the police and the military is only to end insurgency not just in the province but in other rebel - infested areas. "Pero wala siyang sinabi (But he did not say) that he will declare martial law," he said in a press briefing at Camp Crame. A total of 15 individuals, so far, were killed in separate shooting incidents in Negros Oriental from July 18 to 25. Albayalde said the killing...
Keep on reading: PNP chief dispels martial law fears in Negros amid killings
from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/2Kflqqe
add
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motorcyclist dead in Lucena collision
LUCENA CITY ---- A motorcyclist running against a one-way street died after he collided with another motorcycle in Lucena City early Friday....
-
MANILA, Philippines -- The Antonio Tiu-led Philippine Infradev Holdings Inc. has submitted to Makati City the US$350 million performance bon...
-
It is in England during his time with Chelsea that the whole world came to know of Didier Drogba. But it is in France with Le Mans, Guingamp...
-
Test team vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the India A squad against England Lions. BCCI selectors on Saturday announced India A squads...
No comments:
Post a Comment